The West Wing: The Complete Series Collection for only 61.99 down from 299.00 that is a 79% savings!! Grab it for that price only today.
You know I can’t go very long before I have to update or do another handprint dish towel. I had some black ones on my oven but felt the need to update mine and add some more color again. I found these cute ones at the Target dollar spot, which is a great place to find towels and decided to have my boys do them quick. They are so practiced at doing them it took us less than 5 minutes starts to finish to paint them. Items needed: towel, foam brush, acrylic paint, t-shirt paint, cute hand paint the hand first and then press firmly on the towel. Make sure you have something under the towel in case it leaks through. The paint comes off easily with mild soap and water. Take the t-shirt paint and write their name and the date if you choose.
What is your bedtime routine for your kids, does it work well or do you need help? We have the same exact bedtime routine every night for our boys and it just changed slightly as they have gotten bigger over the years. We start getting ready for bed right at 7:00 every night unless it is a church night and then it is later. They sleep until around 6:30-7:00 so they get about 11 hours of sleep on average.
If we are home before bedtime I set the timer so there is no question as to when it is time for bed. I tell them “timer is set when it goes off it is bedtime” this stops arguments most nights on not wanting to go to bed. I also tell them that they need to make sure that all their animal friends, blankets or anything else they need for bedtime is in their bed and ready to go. Once they are in bed they can’t get out unless they are sick or have to go to the bathroom. Once the timer goes off we do this list of things. On bath nights we start around 6:30 getting baths so we can still get to bed at the same time. No we don’t do baths every night and some nights it is just too late. We are home during the day so if we have to we can grab a quick bath during the day.
- brush teeth
- jammies on (put dirty clothes in basket)
- read our devotion
- lights out & mouths off
Since my boys are older and can get themselves dressed they do that part by themselves and I supervise and make sure teeth are brushed properly.
On the nights we come straight home and it is past bedtime we will not read and just go straight to bed. Once they are in bed I will stay in their room and rub on their arms for a few minutes and then quietly leave the room. I have been blessed that they have always been able to put themselves to sleep. I am one of those moms that I allow them to have a cup of water with them. this saves them getting up and asking and my oldest is big on drinking through the night. We don’t have accidents so I’m fine with that.
What works well for your bedtime routine? Are you consistent in doing the same thing every night. If you are consistent your kids will know what to expect and you will see a difference in their attitude and how well they go to bed.
12 signs of a teething baby taken from “what to expect”
12 Signs of Teething in Babies
1. Drooling. It’s hard to believe so much fluid can come from the mouths of tiny babes, but teething stimulates drooling, and the waterworks are on for many babies starting from about ten weeks to three or four months of age.
2. Chin or face rash. If your teething baby is pouring out prodigious amounts of drool, she may develop a dry skin rash or chapping around her mouth and on her chin (or even on her neck), because of contact with saliva. Patting away the drool will help prevent the rash; if it has already developed, moisturize it with a gentle skin cream.
3. Coughing. All that drool can make babies gag and cough (you’d choke too with a mouthful of spit). It’s no cause for concern, if your baby has no other signs of cold, flu, or allergies.
4. Biting. Pressure from teeth poking through under the gums causes baby a lot of discomfort — and that discomfort can be relieved by counterpressure, aka, biting. Teething babies will gum whatever they can find, from teething rings and rattles to your soon-to-be sore nipples (if you’re breastfeeding) and fingers.
5. Pain. The inflammation of tender gum tissue can cause what seems like terrible pain to some babies, but it hardly affects others. First teeth usually hurt the most (as do the molars, because they’re just plain bigger), although most babies eventually get used to what teething feels like and aren’t quite so bothered later on.
6. Irritability. Your baby’s mouth will ache as that little tooth presses on the gums and pokes up to the surface, and, not surprisingly, it’ll probably make her feel out of sorts. Some babies may be irritable for just a few hours, but others can stay crabby for days or even weeks.
7. Refusal to feed. Uncomfortable, cranky babies yearn to be soothed by something in their mouths — whether a bottle or the breast. But the suction of nursing may make a teething baby’s sore gums feel worse. For that reason, teething babies are fussy about feedings (and get more frustrated as neither their discomfort nor their hungry tummies find relief). Babies eating solid foods may also refuse to eat during teething (though check with your pediatrician if your baby shuns several feedings).
8. Diarrhea. Doctors are divided on the subject, but some parents swear that their teething babies have bouts of loose poops (perhaps from all that swallowed drool). It may or may not happen — but do make sure to always report any diarrhea to your baby’s doctor if it lasts more than two bowel movements.
9. Low-grade fever. Doctors are reluctant to definitively link teething to fever — in part because the first teeth pop in around the same time that babies lose the immunity they acquired from Mom, making them more susceptible to infections and bugs. But like inflammation anywhere else in the body, inflamed gums can sometimes produce low-grade fever (less than 101° F, measured rectally). Treat it like any other low-grade fever — with a call to the doctor if it lasts for three days.
10. Wakefulness. The teething fairy doesn’t only work days. As your baby’s teeth begin to emerge, her discomfort may disrupt her nighttime slumber (even if she previously slept through the night). Before offering comfort, see if she can settle herself back to sleep; if she’s still restless, soothe her with patting or lullabies but avoid a return to nighttime feedings (which will come back to haunt you when teething is done).
11. Gum hematoma. Teething can trigger bleeding under the gums, which looks like a bluish lump. It’s nothing to worry about and can heal faster (and feel better) with the help of a cold compress.
12. Ear pulling; cheek rubbing. Teething babies may tug furiously at their ear or rub their cheek or chin. The reason? Gums, ears, and cheeks share nerve pathways, and so an ache in the gums (especially from erupting molars) can travel elsewhere. (Babies with ear infections will also yank on their ears, so do check with your pediatrician if you suspect your baby may be bothered by more than just teething.)
What symptoms did your baby have? We will give some help ideas in a little bit so come back by!
Cleaning a ceiling fan with a pillow case is fast and easy and very little if any mess on the things under it. Not sure where I heard of this tip but I LOVE it and it makes cleaning the fans not so bad.
Take a pillow case and put it over the blade of the fan. Wipe the dust off using the pillow case and all the dust stays inside the pillow case and doesn’t fall off on the floor. Once you are done doing all the blades just wash the pillow case and you are done.
I used to use a wet cloth and have to get up and down to clean the cloth and wipe a blade and then do the next one and then the next. This way is SO much better. You may have to use a paint brush or a cloth of the harder to reach places but this get the major dust off with little mess.
A fun thing to do with little ones is a handprint and footprint pillowcase. It’s a practical gift but also can be fun for kids to do one to decorate their room.
Supplies: pillowcase, brush, acrylic craft paint, t-shirt paint
Paint the hand or foot and then press on pillowcase.
Use the t-shirt paint and let dry flat to dry.
This is washable but the letters may stick together the first few times.
Looks like one coupon insert this weekend due to the holiday weekend.
Depending on your city and area of the country you should get the P&G insert!
Procter & Gamble
Always $1.50/1 discreet liner or pad product
Always $1/1 pad or feminine wipes product excludes discreet
Always $1/1 pantiliner 30ct+ excludes discreet
Always $3/2 discreet underwear products
Bounty $.25/1 towel or napkin
Cascade $1/1 with clorox
Charmin $.25/1 product
Clairol $3/1 natural instincts hair color
Clairol Buy 1 nice ‘n easy hair color box, get 1 root touch box free up to $5.99 (9/14)
Covergirl $1/1 eye product excludes accessories
Covergirl $2.50/2 nail products excludes accessories
Covergirl $2/1 outlast lipcolor product
Crest $.50/1 toothpaste 3oz+ or liquid gel excludes cavity, baking soda and tarter control
Crest $1.50/1 rinse 473ml+
Crest $1/1 be, sensi-relief, 3d white brilliance toothpaste or 3d white booster 3oz+
Crest $7/1 3d white 1 hour express 4ct, professional effects 20ct, professionals effects +1 hour express 22ct or supreme flexfit 14ct whitestrips
Crest/Oral-B $2/1 3d white whitening duo
Dawn $.50/1 hand renewal, power clean, bleach alternative or oxi
Duracell $.50/1 coppertop, quantum, ultra photo lithium or specialty batteries
Duracell $1.50/1 rechargeable batteries, charger or 6pk+ hearing aid batteries
Febreze $.50/1 product
Febreze $1.50/2 products
Febreze $1/1 car product
Febreze $1/1 fabric refresher or air effects
Fixodent $1.50/1 adhesive 1.4oz+
Gillette $.50/1 anti-perspirant/deodorant
Gillette $1/1 clinical anti-perspirant/deodorant or regular twin pack
Gillette $1/1 shave prep
Gillette $3/1 body razor
Gillette $3/1 men’s razor
Head & Shoulders $2/1 treatment excludes all shampoo, 2-in-1 and conditioner products
Head & Shoulders $2/2 full size products excludes 200mL/6.8oz/1.7oz and treatments
Iams $1/1 dry dog or cat food
Iams B2G1 free wet dog or cat foods up to $1.99 (9/14)
Ivory $.25/1 12oz body wash or 3 bar
Ivory/Safeguard $.50/1 body wash 21oz+ or 4 bar+
Meta $2/1 health bars, fiber singles, capsules or wafers
MetaBiotic $2/1 product
Metamucil $2/1 product
Mr. Clean B2G1 free liquid muscle, liquids or sprays up to $3.49 (9/14)
Mr. Clean B2G1 free magic erasers up to $3.99 (9/14)
Olay $.75/1 body wash or bar 2ct+ or in-shower body lotion
Olay $.75/1 sensitive bar or body was excludes 1 bar
Olay $2.50 off 1 facial moisturizer and 1 facial cleaner excludes pro-x, regenerist, total effects and age defying
Olay $2/1 total effects or age defying facial moisturizer
Olay $2/2 body wash or bar 4ct+ or in-shower body lotion
Olay $3/1 pro-x regenerist facial moisturizer or facial hair removal
Old Spice $1/1 body spray
Old Spice $1/1 shampoo, 2-in-1 or styling product
Old Spice $1/2 products
Oral-B $.50/1 glide floss 35m+ or glide floss picks 30ct+
Oral-B $1/1 pulsar, 3d white, pro-health or complete or 2 indicator or cavity defense toothbrushes
Oral-B $2/1 adult battery toothbrush
Pampers $.50/1 wipes 56ct+
Pampers $1.50/2 bags or 1 box diapers or pants
Pantene $2/1 styler or treatment product
Pantene $2/2 products
Pantene $4/1 expert collection product
Pantene $5/3 products (9/14)
Prilosec OTC $1/1 product
Secret $1/1 outlast, scent expressions or destinations deodorant or body spray excludes .5oz
Secret $2/1 clinical deodorant excludes .5oz
Swiffer $3/1 sweep & trap, wetjet or sweepervac starter kit with any refill purchase
Tampax $1/1 pearl or radiant tampon 16ct+
Tide $1/1 ultra stain release product excludes detergent 10oz
Tide $4/1 oxi
Tide/Downy/Bounce $.50/1 tide detergents, tide boost, tide to go, tide washing machine cleaner, downy or bounce excludes downy single rinse, tide simply clean & fresh, tide pods, tide 10oz, downy unstopables and bounce bursts
Tide/Downy/Bounce $1/2 tide detergents, tide boost, tide to go, tide washing machine cleaner, downy or bounce excludes downy single rinse, tide simply clean & fresh, tide pods, tide 10oz, downy unstopables and bounce bursts
Tide/Downy/Bounce $2/3 tide detergents, tide boost, tide to go, tide washing machine cleaner, downy or bounce excludes downy single rinse, tide simply clean & fresh, tide pods, tide 10oz, downy unstopables and bounce bursts
Venus $3/1 razor excludes disposables
Vicks $1/1 dayquil or nyquil severe product
Vicks $1/1 product excludes vapodrops and zzzquil
Vicks $1/1 zzzquil product
Vicks $2/1 qlearquil product
Vicks $3/2 products excludes vapodrops and zzzquil
Vicks $4/1 qlearquil allergy 30 or 45ct excludes nighttime allergy and sinus & congestion
Looks like two coupon inserts this weekend.
Note that coupons vary by size of city and area of the country so check your paper before you buy one.
Here is what should be inside
Always $1/1 discreet pads 12-20ct or liners 30-48ct (8/30) WALGREENS COUPON
AXE $2/1 bodyspray or deodorant stick (9/21) ETS
Best Foods $.25/1 product 16.5oz (9/21)
CahpStick $1/2 mixstix or hydration lock (10/10)
Caress $.75/1 6-bar+ pack or 12oz+ body wash (9/21) ETS
Centrum $3/2 regular, pronutrients, flavor burst, specialist, silver 100ct+ or caltrate (10/10) ETS
Clear $1.50/1 scalp & hair product ets (9/21)
Degree Women $1.50/1 motionsense, ultra clear or clinical (9/21) ETS
Land O’Frost $.75/1 Simply Delicious lunchmeat (9/24)
L’Oreal $1/1 Paris skincare product (9/20) ETS
L’Oreal $2/1 preference haircolor product excludes preference mousse absolute (9/20)
L’Oreal $3/1 revitalift triple power or miracle blur product (9/20) ETS
L’Oreal $3/1 youth code texture perfector product (9/20) ETS
Mars $1/2 various harvest candies 9.9oz+ (10/31) DND
Meow Mix $.75/1 dry cat food 3lbs+ (10/19)
Meow Mix $1/6 single cat food cups or 1 cat food variety pack (10/19)
Nasacort $4/1 allergy 24hr 60 or 120 spray (10/24)
Nasacort $6/1 allergy 24hr multipack 2×120 sprays (10/24)
Pfizer $3/2 Advil, Advil Migraine, Advil PM, Children’s Advil, Infants Advil or Thermacare (10/10) ETS
Pfizer $3/2 different products of Robitussin, Children’s Robitussin, Dimetapp or Advil congestion relief (10/10) ETS
Purina Alpo $1/1 32oz+ variety snaps (11/24)
Purina Friskies Buy any 3 cat treats packages, get 1 2.1oz package free up to $1.69 (10/24)
Sara Lee $.75/1 frozen sweet goods excluding pies (10/12)
Sara Lee $1/1 frozen blueberry pound cake (10/12)
TheraTears $3/1 eye care product (12/13)
TRESemme $2/1 shampoo or conditioner (9/21) ETS
TRESemme $2/1 styling product excludes trial and 4.2oz hairspray (9/21)
Tums $1.50/1 freshers or chewy delights 25ct+ (10/23)
Tums $1.50/2 24ct+ (10/23)
Vaseline $2/1 lotion 20.3floz+ or spray lotion (9/21) ETS
Wisk $1/1 item (10/5)
Wonderful $.50/1 pistachios 4.5oz+ (10/12)
Aveeno $1/1 product excluding cleansing bars, moisturizing bars, trial sizes and 2.5oz body lotion sizes (9/30)
Aveeno $2/2 product excluding cleansing bars, moisturizing bars, trial sizes and 2.5oz body lotion sizes (9/30)
BIC $2/1 disposable razor (9/21) ETS
Carefree $.50/1 product (10/5)
Cheerios $1/2 boxes all flavors (10/4)
Clairol $2/1 hair color (9/30) excludes age defy and trial size
Clairol $3/2 hair color (9/30) excludes age defy and trial size
Claritin $10/1 70ct (8/31)
Claritin $4/1 30ct+ (9/21)
Colgate $1/1 enamel health, total, optic white, max fresh or sensitive toothpaste 3.4oz+ (9/6)
Coppertone $2/1 suncare product 2oz (9/14)
Dannon $1/1 danimals smoothie pack (9/24)
Dole $.75/1 smoothie shakers (10/19)
Dreyer’s $1/2 slow churned light ice cream or grand ice cream products 1.5qt+ (10/5)
Fiber One $.50/1 soft-baked cookies 6ct+ (10/18)
Fiber One $.75/1 streusel bars (10/18)
Franks $.35/1 redhot sauce (10/31)
French’s $.50/1 French fried onions (10/31)
General Mills $1/3 big g cereals (10/4)
Glade $1/1 plugins scented oil twin or 2 single refills (10/4)
Glade $1/1 plugins scented oil warmer or starter kit (10/4)
Nature Valley $.50/1 breakfast biscuits (10/18)
Nature Valley $.75/1 protein crunchy granola (10/4)
Pace $.60/2 products (10/31)
Planters $1/2 nuts or peanut butter (10/15) DND
Playtex $1/1 gentle glide or sport tampons (10/5)
POM $.50/1 juice bottle (9/30)
Popchips $.55/1 3-4oz bag (10/15) DND
Purina $5/2 11lb+ dry dog food, 24ct fancy feast wet cat food, 35lb tidy cats cat littler, 6lb_ dry cat food or 25oz+ beggin strips dog treats (10/4) TARGET COUPON
Reynolds $.55/2 baking cups products (11/30)
RoC $3/1 anti-aging product (9/30)
Sargento $.50/1 natural blends cheese snack 5oz+ (11/2)
Sargento $.50/1 natural cheese snack 5oz+ (10/5)
Sargento $.50/2 natural cheese slices (10/5)
Scrubbing Bubbles $.50/1 all purpose cleaner with fantastik (10/4)
Scrubbing Bubbles $.50/1 mega shower foamer (10/4)
Solo $1/2 products (10/18)
Speed Stick $.50/1 antiperspirant/deodorant or and lady antiperspirant/deodorant2.3oz+ (9/13)
Speed Stick $1.50/1 gear antiperspirant/deodorant or body spray (9/13) excluding 1.8 and .5oz trial size
Stayfree $1/1 product (10/5)
Trojan $1/1 4oz gel lubricants product (11/24)
Trojan $2/1 premium lubricants product (11/24)
Zegerid OTC $3/1 14ct (9/28)
Zegerid OTC $8/1 42ct (9/7)